Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Thoughts About WebQuests
Prior to this assignment, I had never heard of a webquest. The webquests are useful because they provide outlines and ideas for group lessons. The students are able to practice their critical thinking and problem solving skills in most examples of webquests. The students are usually separated into groups and given a topic that they must research and present to the class. These webquests are not only fun ways for students to learn, but they are also great time savers for teachers. I have heard over and over about how teachers are the biggest thieves in that they "steal" each others ideas. With such busy schedules, it is great that teachers have these resources. I think it is important to state that this doesn't mean that teachers should always use others ideas. It is important that the webquests supplement the lesson. Teachers do not need to use these as a crutch or an excuse not to plan and implement their own ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment