Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Quest to Excel at Excel

My husband was recently certified as a Microsoft Master by becoming an Excel expert. Therefore, I was terrified to attempt these exercises because I thought that there was NO way I could complete them. But, maybe he's not as smart as I thought he was!! Just kidding. Seriously, I was surprised at how simple Excel was to use. I used Excel in a job I had several years ago. Again, as I opened the spreadsheet, I was terrified by those multiple cells staring back at me. I never formatted a single cell. I just entered data and logged out ASAP. Excel will be a lifesaver in my classroom. Calculating data and scores will be much simpler. I remember my teachers calculating averages with pencil, paper, and chunky calculators. I love my computer!! Programs such as Excel are beneficial to teachers because they are accurate and fast. Ever-increasing focus on test scores, grades, and comparisons of the two force teachers to present data often. By using the spreadsheets in Excel, I can do this effectively. I can also produce charts with a push of a button. Through conquering Excel, I have succeeded in my Quest to Excel!!

No comments: