Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I am a Web Master

Or at least I felt like one after completing the webpage projects. I must say that this was my biggest headache in the class. Not necessarily because it is difficult, but because I am extremely picky. After all, this website is a reflection of me; my work and my personality. I wanted it to be perfect. Being the novice that I am, I became frustrated when I could not find what I wanted in regards to backgrounds and images. Ultimately, I had to design my own background in paintshop to achieve my look. I refuse to be normal and use the standard colors and backgrounds. Again, a reflection of my personality. Through the webpage project, I was able to review and reflect on the teaching competencies of the university. We really haven't reviewed them in my classes. Now I know more about what is expected of me and where I should focus my attention. I took the time to reflect on how I "measure up" to these expectations and where I need improvement. The completion of the portfolio was both exhausting and rewarding. I acquired new skills while learning a few things about myself. I believe that my portfolio is a reflection of me. As I continue to add materials throughout my time at UAH, I only hope to further learn about the teacher I will become.

No comments: